About Dr. Chef Sunil Kumar
Despite spending his professional life cooking, Sunil Kumar has always enjoyed baking and cake decorator. A naturally talented chef and baker’s, he has many year experience in baking and cooking. His enthusiasm for teaching students, together with his natural warmth, has endeared his to a generation of students and has ensured her a permanent place in their affections.
Sunil’s tremendous energy is now being channelled into bringing his skills to the widest possible audience. Sunil Kumar has done B.Sc. in hotel and hospitality administration form Institute of hotel management (I.H.M.)
Gwalior, M.P. I have attended various International Seminars in Bakery and confectionary, which enriched me. I am teaching bakery and food production at I.H.M. Gwalior last one year and have a great passion for teaching the bakery and food production subject my research area is food heritage and culinary tourism
Best Researcher, Teacher and chef
|Division or Equivalent||Marks||%age of Marks||Year of passing|
||Ph. D. Hotel and Tourism Management||M.D. University
|Awarded in Dec 2018|
||Master of Science||Annamalai University||First||431/600||72%||2014|
||Masters in Tourism
||B.Sc. (Hospitality and Hotel Administration)||IGNOU/NCHMCT
|S. No||Course||University/Institution||Duration||Year of passing|
||Certified Hospitality Trainer(C.H.T.)||NCHMCT & AIHM Chandigarh||02 Month||2011|
||Diploma in Nutrition and Health Education||IGNOU||One Year||2008|
||Advance Certificate in Web Designing||O-TEC Computer Education||06 Month||2007|
||Basics of Computer, Window and MS Office||Tata InfoTech Education||One Year||2003|
RESEARCH METHODOLOGY WORKSHOP/TRAINING PROGRAMME
|S. No||Title of Workshop/ Training Programme||Date of event||Organized by|
|1.||Management Development Programme on Information and Technology||16-22 March 2011||MSME Development Institute, Karnal|
|2.||Research Methodology programme for Ph.D. students in Social Science||14-23 March 2015||Department of Commerce, MD University Rohtak|
|3.||Interaction programme for Ph.D. Student on Research Methodology Interdisciplinary perspective and emerging scenario||11 Nov-01 Dec 2014||UGCASC BPS Mahila Vishwavidyalaya Khanpur Kalan, Sonipat|
|4.||Research Methodology workshop training and its relevance in research||22-28 May 2015||Department of Political Science, MD University Rohtak|
CONFERENCE/SEMINARS: PAPER PRESENTED
|S. No||Title of the Paper Presented||Title of the Conference/ Seminar||Date of event||Organized by||International/National|
|1.||An analysis of the perceived food heritage of Haryana||Food, Culture and Tourism||11-12 Oct 2013||Department of Tourism management, Dev Sanskriti University, Haridwar, U.K.||International Conference|
|2.||Trend and practices in culinary research: A selected study of online journals in Hotel & Tourism Management||Hospitality Growth & Development under Globalization: Features industry experts & academicians sharing innovation, technology, environment & HR practices||15-16 Nov 2013||MMICT&BM (Hotel Management)
MM University Mullana
|3.||Emerging Trend and practices in eating habit in Punjab||Green Hospitality and Tourism Industry: Status Trends and future prospects||08-09 Feb 2014||UIHMT, Punjab University, Chandigarh||National Seminar|
|4.||Eco certification for Hotels in India: Issue and challenge||Emerging issue in commerce and management||29-30 March 2014||Department of Commerce, Gaur Brahman Degree College, Rohtak,||National Seminar|
|5.||Eating Habits of Punjabi People in Punjab||Paradigm shifts in global Hospitality and tourism industry||25-26 March 2014||Institute of Hotel and Tourism Management, MDU Rohtak||International Conference|
|6.||Website of Hotel management institute in India An empirical study of private institute under NCHMCT, MoT, GoT||Contemporary scenario in tourism and hospitality industry||28 Aug 2014||Department of Hotel Management , Garden city College, Bangalore||International Conference|
|7.||The current and future trends, challenge, opportunities in Indian hospitality industry||Food and Beverage Service Industry: Moderation, Innovation and Opportunities||31 Oct and 01 Nov 2014||UIHMT, Punjab University, Chandigarh||National Seminar and Workshop|
|8.||An exploratory study of Rewri and Gajjak in Rohtak, Haryana||6th Indian Hospitality Congress National Conference on Hospitality and Tourism||05-06 Feb 2015||School of Hospitality and Tourism Studies, DY Patil University Mumbai||National Conference|
|9.||Role of Bhagavad Gita in Holistic Life Management||International Seminar on Bhagavad Gita: Holistic Life Management and world Harmony Tourism Motivation||06 Dec to 9 Dec 2016||Kurukshetra University Kurukshetra, Haryana||International Seminar|
|10.||Evaluation the existing food heritage of Haryana: The study of Indian Breads||National conference on Tourism and Hospitality in India: Challenge, Potentials, Possibilities and New Dimensions||15 and 16 Sep 2017||IGNOU Bhopal and NCERT||National Conference|
|11.||Changing Pattern of Bread Consumption in Haryana||National conference on Changing Dimensions of Business Management and Corporate Social Responsibility in Globalised Era||26 Sep 2017||IMSAR, M.D. University||National Conference|
|12.||Evaluating the Existing Food Heritage of Haryana: The study of Pulses and Cereals||3rd International Conference on Hospitality and Tourism Sustainability and Innovation in the digitised world of Hospitality||8 and 9 Feb, 2018||Le Corden Bleu and G.D. Goenka University, Gurugram||International Conference|
|13.||Evaluation of Food Heritage: History, Evaluation, Influences and Modern Trends||National Conference on Indian Food Heritage: History, Evaluation, Influences and Modern Trends||12 and 13 March 2018||NCHMCT, Noida||National Conference|
|14.||Food Heritage of Haryana: An effective tool for tourism growth of Haryana||International Conference on Food, Culture and Tourism||23 and 24 April, 2018||Indian Hospitality Congress and Dev Sanskriti Vishwavidyalaya||International Conference|
RESEARCH PAPERS PUBLISHED IN JOURNALS/BOOKS
- Attended workshop on ‘Flower arrangement’ on October 25 & 26, 2013 Organised by IHM Kurukshetra and All India Kitchen Garden Association, New Delhi
- Attended workshop on ‘Computing Skills in Management’ on October 18, 2013 Organised by IMSAR, Maharshi Dayanand University, Rohtak
- Participation in National Seminar and hospitality summit “Shaping Youth for Hospitality &Tourism Industry” organized by Institute of Hotel and Tourism Management on the occasion of Haryana Tourism Day on 01 September, 2012
- Participate as a delegate at the IFCA Global Culinary Exchange, New Delhi on 29 Sep, 2015.
- Highest Attendance in 2007-08 and 2008-09 in B.Sc.(HHA)
- Highest marks in Accommodation Practical and Food production competition in B.Sc. (HHA)
- Participated in State Level in hand ball Tournament in 1998.
- Participated in District Level in hand ball in 1999 and secured 2nd position.
- Participated in Middle School Zonal level sports Tournament in 1998-1999 in Handball and Basketball secured 1st position.
- Participated in the alumni, Christmas theme and various lunch as a member in F&B team.
AWARDS & APPRECIATIONS
- Certificate of Appreciation awarded by Institute of Hotel Management Rohtak for participation in Suraj Kund Craft Mela (2 feb to 18 feb, 2018)
- Awarded Certificate of “The Aspiring Researcher of Hospitality, Travel and Tourism” by President, Indian Hospitality Congress for high quality work performed in the field of Hospitality and Tourism on 5th Feb, 2015 at School of Hospitality and Tourism Studies, DY Patil University, Navi Mumbai.
- Certificate of Appreciation by CEO, Mine ‘N’ M during workshop on ‘Enhancing Memory Skills’ on 21 Oct, 2015 at DAV girl’s college Yamuna Nagar.
- Certificate of Appreciation by Director – Institute of Hotel and Tourism Management, M.D. University Rohtak for Haryana Tourism Day 2014.
- Certificate of Appreciation by department of chemistry, M.D. University Rohtak and ISAS-DC for participated as volunteer in the national conference on advance chemical science on 1-2 march 2013
- Certificate of Appreciation by Principal and Hostel Warden for the occasion of lunch for Hindustan Petroleum Corporation on 12 Jan, 2008
- Certificate of Appreciation by Principal and F & B Committee Head for the occasion of Christmas Theme Lunch on 19 Dec, 2007
- Certificate of Appreciation by Training Manager- Centaur Hotel New Delhi for Industrial Training.
|Academia Profile https://mdurohtak.academia.edu/sunilkumar|
|YouTube Profile https://www.youtube.com/user/1986sunilbalhara|
|Facebook Profile https://www.facebok.com/ihmsunilkumar|
|Twitter Profile https://twitter.com/chefsunilkumar|
|LinkedIn Profile https://www.linkedin.com/in/ihmsunilkumar|
|Personal Blogs http://balhara-sunilkumar.blogspot.in/|
|Slide Share Profile http://www.slideshare.net/SunilKumar148/
In SlideShare profile uploaded the 332 presentations and 141 documents of Hotel Management. In every year, more than 6,60,000 view and more than 27,000 action on the uploaded document.